Smoke Detectors Alert Residents to Fire!

Smoke Detectors Save Lives! Be Fire Safe!

Smoke Detectors have once again been credited with alerting the occupants of a fire in their basement yesterday afternoon.  The sound of the detector alerted the resident of 41 Drummers La and upon checking the basement found smoke.  The Bethel & Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Departments responded and quickly extinguished the clothes dryer that was on fire. 

There was some minor water and smoke damage to the home. 

It is important for residents to be sure they have working smoke detectors in their home.  A fire can occur at anytime and being alerted quickly to the fire can save lives and property

Also- major appliances should not be operated when not at home such as dryers, washing machines, or dishwashers.  Proper installation, maintenance and upkeep of the appliances is important as well.

 Let’s continue to keep Bethel Fire Safe, and check your smoke detectors today!

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »