For many of us, August brings restful activities—beaches, camping, swimming, barbecuing—together with friends and family.
One terrific option for area residents is the . The zoo is part of the Wildlife Conservation Society, which saves wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, global conservation, education and the management of the world's largest system of urban wildlife parks.
Caption the photo above (just click where it says “Leave a comment” below) and you’ll have a chance at winning a family 4-pack to the zoo, and the grand prize of a VIP zoo tour with a yearlong family membership!
Here's how the contest works:
- Enter your caption or captions in the comment thread below.
- Patch will take captions through Sunday, Aug. 5, and present a list of finalists in one screen grab on Monday, Aug. 6.
- Winners will be selected with the help of Patch users. You will vote on your favorite caption through the "comments" section on this story (Example: “I think No. 7 of 10 is the best”).
More details about the contest are attached.
Here’s some info about a great new part of the zoo, “Wild Forest: A LEGO Safari.” There, visitors will find LEGO animal sculptures in one dramatically, designed location and can learn fascinating facts about each animal and the LEGO structure built to represent it. Activities include:
- Help to build a Mystery LEGO mural
- Watch a LEGO Master Builder at work (select weekends in July & August)
- Build your own LEGO structure in the Build Zone
- Avenue Zoo puppet theater at Asia Stage
- Learn fascinating facts within the LEGO Forest