In partnership with EF Tours, students from Bethel will travel to Venice, Florence, Rome and more.
The trip is offered to any Bethel High School student who is interested in the study of world history, culture, language, international cuisine, art and architecture. Students must fill out an application and attend the informational meeting on Sept. 17 with their parents.
Some highlights of the trip include:
- Venice: Guided sight-seeing, St. Mark’s Square, Doges’ Palace, gondola ride, Rialto Bridge, glass-blowing demonstration
- Florence: Guided sight-seeing, Giotto’s Bell Tower, Duomo, Gates of Paradise, Piazza della Signoria, Santa Croce, Accademia, Uffizi Gallery, leather-making demonstration
- Assisi: Guided sight-seeing of the hilltop town & Basilica of St. Francis
- Sorrento: Guided excursion to Capri, view the Arco Naturale & Faraglioni, visit the Blue Grotto, swimming at the Amalfi coast (weather/time permitting)
- Pompeii: Guided tour of Pompeii, a town destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD
- Rome: Vatican City, St. Peter’s Basilica, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, Guided Tour of Ancient Rome including the Colosseum and Roman Forum, and a visit to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain
Contact Mari Lerz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marjorie Overmier (email@example.com) with any questions.