The second annual Bethel High School Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony has been set for Oct. 20th at the Amber Room Colonnade in Danbury.
Each week leading up to the induction ceremony, we will release a biography of one of the inductees. This week, we are featuring Patrick Wild, class of 1978, who is being inducted for his impressive achievements in both cross country and track.
Patrick Wild (1978)
· Connecticut State Open Champion in 1978
· Connecticut State Class M Two Mile Champion - 1977
· Connecticut State Open Cross Country Championship
–Individual Runner-Up - 1977
· WCC Individual Champion in Cross Country – 1975, 1976,&
· Led the WCC Championship Cross Country Teams in 1974,
1975,1976, & 1977
· Led State Class M Championship Cross Country Teams in 1976&
· Co-holder of Bethel High School record for the 4 x 880relay
RutgersUniversity Graduate – Participated in Varsity Cross Country,
Indoor Track andOutdoor Track – 1978-1982 and ran 1500 meter (3:51)
This year's inductees are Patrick Wild (1978, cross country and track); Melanie Kasack Ivey (1997, softball and cross country), Gregory Pace (2002, wrestling), Kerri Kaylor (2001, soccer, basketball and track), David Campbell (1965, football and track), David Tierney (1973, cross country and track), and the 1998 Softball Team (Coached by Lynn Fenn and Derek Muharem, including the following roster:
Alison Howarth, Sarah Clarkson, Tiffany Thompson, Heather Angell, Carol
Anne Garcia, Heidi Lambertson, Natalia Kearney, Amy Clarkson, Liz Kopec,
Kerry Kopec and Christine Peatt).