If your home was built before 1978, chances are, it contains Lead Based Paint!
It's National Lead Poisoning Awareness Week. Welcome to New England, where many of the beautiful older homes give our area its unique character. Many of these homes built before 1978 have paint that contains high levels of lead. Lead from paint, chips, and dust can pose catastrophic health hazards if not taken care of properly.Lead exposure can harm young children and babies, even before they are born. Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies. Lead paint can enter the body by breathing or swallowing lead dust, or by eating soil or paint chips containing lead.No need to panic yet...there are many options for reducing lead hazards, and actually living lead safe. In most cases, lead-based paint which is in good condition is not a hazard. Always remember, removing lead based paint improperly can increase the danger to you and your family.to reduce your child's exposure to lead get your child checked, have your home tested, especially if your home has paint in poor condition and was built before 1978.With today's technology, testing for lead paint in your home is safe and easy. Lead paint can be detected by using a portable X-ray Fluorescent machine (XRF). this can only be performed by a licensed lead inspector. For more information on the possible dangers of lead based paint in your home, please contact Kelley at office@envirotechservicesinc or go to www.envirotechservicesinc.com
Become a blogger today!
Get started now