We'd love to read your recipes if you'd like to share them! You can post them in our virtual cookbook or start a cooking blog!
Here's one of my favorite recipes for easy sugar cookies from Food.com, titled Eloise's Easy Sugar Cookies.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- Mix the butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add slowly to butter mixture until incorporated.
- Roll out on lightly floured board to desired thickness.
- Cutout shapes and bake at 400 degrees for 7- 10 minutes. The cookies should be light in color with light browning on the edges.