In honor of the upcoming Prom and Wedding season, I thought I'd share with you all some helpful tips to get the most out of your Special Occasion hair and makeup appointment!
- Firstly ladies, DIRTY HAIR IS ALWAYS BEST!! Please do not wash your hair before your updo appointment. You will get better shine, less FRIZZ, and your updo (or curl/wave) will last longer and stay put better through a long night of dancing! If the style you've decided on doesn't need to be dirty, let the stylist decide and shampoo it for you.
- Pictures are always helpful for the stylist to get an idea of what you're looking for. It helps to avoid any miscommunications and that always helps the appointment go much smoother. If you do bring in pictures, please be prepared to be told by your stylist that the model in the picture may have more - or less hair than you do, which can cause the style to look differently on your hair, or maybe not even work at all. Also, many editorial pictures of models have extensions and other hidden hardware. Just be ready to listen to what your stylist has to say, and don't take it personally. Your stylist will come up with something similar if possible and do what they can to please you... they do this all the time! :)
- DO NOT FLATIRON!! It will cause many styles to wilt, fall, or not curl or bend at all! If you're worried about frizz, let your stylist take care of that for you... we promise we won't let you leave frizzy!
- Fresh flowers, sparkly clips or combs, decorative pins, and/or hair jewelry are always welcome in the salon. They are all great to enhance your special occasion style!
- Plan to have your haircut before the day of your special occasion appointment, if you are planning to get one. Doing it the day of means shampooing (which will deflate most styles), cutting, and drying. This can add 1/2 an hour to an hour to your salon visit! We all know that you want to get to your picture parties or wedding photogs as soon as possible! :) Why add another service the day of when you can get it out of the way ahead of time and have one less thing to worry about?
- If you are having the airbrush makeup service, please come in with your face clean. No makeup, moisturizers, or anything. This will help the airbrush makeup to adhere to your skin, dry, and not move all night long through your dancing! Also, if you need an eyebrow or lip wax, do this 48 hours before your makeup appointment. Airbrush makeup can lay differently or irritate freshly waxed skin surfaces.
- If you are planning on a facial before your special day, schedule it AT LEAST two weeks before the day of! Facials can sometimes leave your skin irritated and/or red, or extra sensitive, sometimes causing a reaction to even hypo allergenic makeup products.... not a good look for the day of!