BLUMENTHAL: The U.S. Government, along with a coalition of states, is suing Apple and several book publishers for an alleged price fixing scheme of eBooks. A Reuters article quotes U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a former attorney general, about the case.
"If it were not a new kind of product, people would say it's a kind of garden variety violation of law," Blumenthal said. "The idea that this innovation can be stifled is particularly troubling."
LIEBERMAN: U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman and colleague Sen. John McCain were interviewed by Anderson Cooper on CNN about their visit to the refugees from Syria. The video is attached to the article.
DELAURO: U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro fired off several tweets criticizing Mitt Romney, the likely Republican nominee for president. Below are three of them.
Romney campaign’s inability to articulate a position on fundamental right like pay equity is appalling. #WellGetBackToYouOnThat
WellGetBackToYouOnThat by Romney demonstrates rhetoric on women’s issues is devoid of knowledge of what women need for economic security.
HIMES: U.S. Rep. Jim Himes also joined in by opposing Mitt Romney. He zinged Romney on Twitter after quoting the Wall Street Journal about 4,000 robot units being “indispensable to the U.S. military.”
Himes added, “Plus, one wants to be Commander in Chief.”
MURPHY: U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy shared on Twitter a government website that conveniently compares the cost of different colleges. Just type in the names of the schools you’re interested in and the different prices show up.
“Eye on the Beltway” is a new feature on your local Patch that looks each day at the activities of elected officials in our nation’s capitol from your town and other parts of southwestern Connecticut.
Those officials are:
- Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
- Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT)
- Rep. Rosa DeLauro (CT-3), a Democrat representing Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Branford, Derby, Durham, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Middlefield, Middletown, Milford, Naugatuck, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Prospect, Seymour, Shelton, Stratford, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven and Woodbridge.
- Rep. Jim Himes (CT-4), a Democrat representing Bridgeport, Darien, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Monroe, New Canaan, Norwalk, Oxford, Redding, Ridgefield, Shelton (part), Stamford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport and Wilton.
- Rep. Chris Murphy (CT-5), a Democrat representing Avon, Bethel, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Burlington, Canaan, Canton, Cheshire, Cornwall, Danbury, Farmington, Goshen, Harwinton, Kent, Litchfield, Meriden, Middlebury, Morris, New Britain, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Norfolk, North Canaan, Plainville, Plymouth, Roxbury, Salisbury, Sharon, Sherman, Simsbury, Southbury, Thomaston, Torrington (part), Warren, Washington, Waterbury (part), Watertown, Wolcott and Woodbury.