This stand-up shamrock craft from the Enchanted Learning website is green in more ways than one.
- Green cardstock or cardboard from a cereal box (or other stiff paper)
- A tube of toilet paper
- Green paint
- Optional: glitter, markers, googly eyes, etc.
- Cut the toilet paper tube in half to create a short cylinder approximately two inches tall. Each shamrock requires half a tube.
- On the half tube, cut two 1/2-inch slits, one on each side. The paper shamrock will be inserted into the tube.
- To make the shamrock, use stiff cardboard to cut out a large shamrock.
- Using stiff cardboard (for example, from a cereal box), cut out a large shamrock. Click here for a shamrock template.
- Paint the shamrock and the tube green and let them dry.
- Once the paint is dry, add decorations to the shamrock, with markers, glitter and googly eyes.
- Insert the shamrock into the slits on the tube.
- If you make more than one standing shamrock, cluster them together in the center of the table for a quick and easy centerpiece.